Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Miracle on 116th St.

March 30th, 2010

8:31 p.m.– A miracle took place as the glow of the sunset streamed through the window of our living room. Tears roll down the cheeks of a wide-eye woman embracing a fragrance of peace and redemption named Asa. I sat there in awe of God’s creation and what just happened. My beautiful wife just gave birth to our fourth child… my third son.


I can’t help but think of what the future holds for him. The love, the pain. The joy, the sadness. The hope and eternal life that comes from the Lord, as well as the emptiness and suffering caused by this world.


Asa, the name of a biblical king who obediently served God. Asa, the name of a baby born in a house of God, of love, an older sister to motherly protect, and two big brothers who – well – do the things that brothers do. Asa, my son – my son.


Asa Maddox McGuckin

10 lbs. 3 oz.

21.5 inches









He even took time to pose with his big brothers!



A similar shot was taken when he was still in the belly!


Asa with the ladies of his life!


POSERS!!! The "not so camera shy" siblings are always game for a picture.



No comments: