Thursday, April 17, 2008

Little Motivation in a BIG Way!


So, when we were in Florida I decided I would go for a little jog along the beach and Libby said she wanted to go with.  I figured, no harm there; I'll just set a good example for her.  We decided that when she got tired, she would turn around and walk back to Mama who was walking behind us with the boys.  As soon as I agreed, she took off down the beach.  I chuckled at her cute spunk and knew it wouldn't last long....THAT WAS A MISTAKE!

A mile later, she finished 30 yds ahead of me with a big smile on her face.  Yes, I did say a mile later!  Now, one could be surprised that I'm that out of shape; however, let's not go that route.  Libby RAN 1 full mile, non stop, without me being able to catch her!  For the record, at one time I was about 10 yds away and I called out "Great Job" to her.  When she looked over her shoulder and saw I was closing in, she sprinted ahead frolicking in the sand as I huffed and puffed to try to catch up.  

Needless to say, she took a lot a pride in this accomplishment and reminds me of it multiple times a day.  These shoes are the ones we just took off after running another mile here at home.  Looks like I have a new training partner!

No comments: