Monday, April 21, 2008

The Power of Webkinz

Okay, so when I started this running thing with Libby, I never expected this.  After our 1 mile run the other day that I posted about, I told her that some day when she is able to complete the full 2 miles (probably after a few months of training) around the local school block non-stop she would be able to play Webkinz on the computer for an extra 20 minutes each time.  

Let me remind you of something... Libby just turned six at the beginning of this month.  There is no way a six year old could run TWO WHOLE MILES without stopping!  Boy did I underestimate the power of Webkinz!!!

LIBBY RAN JUST OVER TWO MILES NON-STOP!  This is only the third time she has gone out for a run ever.  I admit, I think my daughter is amazing.  However, I totally underestimated her!  As Drago would say in Rocky Something Or Another... she "is not human".  

So where do we credit her athletic ability for such a young age?  My wife!  Not due to her own athletic ability, but due to her dedication to our family eating and drinking healthy.  Now, if we can just get me to break my food addictions.

What motivates you to live a healthy-"er" lifestyle?
  

2 comments:

cmcguck said...

To be brutally honest, what motivates me is the sight of soooo many Americans who are grossly overweight! That and my husband who nags me to eat my vegetables and exercise. Libby and Damon need to go for a run sometime. He is our little energizer bunny and loves to run!

2 kids...3 martinis said...

I love it! The power of Webkinz! I'll have to use that with my 7 year-old daughter!
what motivates me? the $100 per month membership I pay each month to the health club. yeah, it's expensive all right...gotta go get my money's worth!
Nice visiting you here...what a beautiful family you have.