Sunday, April 20, 2008

McGuckin Family of WINNERS!

Every parent has a trick or two up their sleeves to get their child to move a little faster.  With three kids, loading up into the family van can often take a while.  With three different ages and three different styles of car seats, some are quicker than others.  Libby uses a normal seatbelt, AJ gets placed in his seat pretty easily, but Charlie has to climb to the back and strap into a three strap seat.  To get things moving, we like to race to see who can get their belt on first.  

The majority of the time, I happen to come in last.  One of the first few times this happened, I called out that I lost and a little voice from the far back row corrected me.  Charlie stated "Papa, you didn't lose.  You were the "last winner"!  A huge smile came across my face.  I love his way of looking at it better!  Instead of there only always being just one winner and a bunch of losers, everyone can be a winner!  

This is just a slight example of his compassion for others.  What if we all thought like a child; wouldn't life be a little better in some ways?

No comments: